CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three Months Old.

These month-by-month posts are coming WAY to quickly! Lincoln turned the big three months today. About a week ago, I put him in the swing for a nap as a newborn-looking baby and after he woke up and I got him out he looked like a "big" baby and not the tiny newborn anymore. It was so crazy. I didn't say anything to Cory about it but that evening when he got home and he was holding him he said "Wow, buddy you have grown since I saw you at lunch!" Crazy.

Three Month Stats:
  • He weighs 13 pounds, 3 ounces and I'm estimating he is about 24 inches long now.
  • He is still eating about 4.5 ounces every three hours during the day.
  • He is maintaining a pretty consistent 9 hours of consecutive sleep at nights. We put him to bed about 7:30 and wake him back up around 9:30 for his last bottle and he sleeps till about 6:30 a.m.
  • His hair is starting to look really WHITE to me. I think he has no hope of being a brunette and being a blonde is definitely in his future! Or at least I hope!
  • He is wearing size two diapers and 50% 0-3 month clothing and 50% 3-6 month clothing.
  • He now loves his bouncy seat the best!
  • He started laughing around 2.5 months. He laughs the most when you run your mouth starting around his leg up his stomach and end at his mouth. He just giggles.
  • He is still being swaddled to sleep but I think he is transitioning out of wanting to be swaddled soon. Not sure yet.
  • He loves being outside, having books read to him with a very animated voice and when people talk to him.
  • His naps have improved greatly over the last week or two -- taking about three solid hour to two hour naps each day.
  • He pretty much stays awake from 3:30 p.m. till he goes to bed at 7:30; dropping his evening nap.
  • He rolled over at 9 weeks for the first time and started rolling over more around 11 weeks, but doesn't do it every time we put him on his tummy. He is picky about when he wants to roll over. I did catch in on video about a week ago and hope to upload and post soon.

Lincoln, this month you giggled for the first time and I have never heard a sweeter sound. I pray you always find joy in the things of life you pursue. That you always find a way to smile at each day you face. That you go out of your way to smile at the older lady in line at walmart to make her day. And that you always smile at your mom and dad!

We love you, M and D.

2 comments:

O'Dell Family

Happy 3 months, sweet boy! We love you and can't wait to see you! Stop growing so fast!

Crystal

I love these posts!! They are wonderful. The pictures with the blocks is such a great idea! :)