CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My heart is full.

My first Mother's Day is coming to a close and my heart is so full. I remember this time last year I was not pregnant yet and it was a tough day for me. Coming off the miscarriage a couple of months before and having a brief taste of motherhood left me wanting a baby more than ever. Little did I know that God had great plans in store for me.

It was May 30, 2009 that I found out I was pregnant with Lincoln. Although I was elated that day, I had no clue how much joy motherhood would truly bring me 9 months later. Although I was pregnant for nine months and felt his kicks often, I never throughout the whole process was able to truly wrap my brain around the fact that I had a baby in my stomach. Although I was in shock the night my water broke walking back to my bedroom from the kitchen eating a piece of cheese, I wasn't able to wrap my brain around the fact that soon I would hold a baby in my arms instead of my womb. Even as I pushed for 2 hours on February 11, 2010, I wasn't able to truly understand the miracle that was about to take place before my very eyes. But at 3:52 p.m. I got it. I understood.
O how I felt a huge feeling of relieve. He was here safe and sound. And at that moment, I laid my head back on the table and rested. But that rest only lasted for a moment. For soon after that brief pause and moment of peace in my heart, where I felt like my world stopped -- my new life began. Since that moment, I have not stopped caring for him, holding him, loving him, rocking to him, bathing him and kissing him. What a sweet moment of peace and relieve God laid on my heart before my world turned upside down. I'll never forget that moment. It was as if God said "Rest child in this moment because until this child leaves your home in 18 years, you will not rest, you will be his caretaker" And I raised my head off the bed and I've never looked back.

Today, we dedicated Lincoln at church. We pledged to bring up Lincoln in the love and admonition of the Lord. What a challenge! About 40 plus babies were dedicated at our church. Isn't that awesome? It was a wonderful experience. Our church runs like a well-oiled machine and the childcare staff and program is amazing. And Lincoln looked like a stud, of course, for the big event.
It was a wonderful day spent with our beautiful son and my servant-hearted and loving husband. He never ceases to amaze me. His unconditional love for me overwhelms me. He has not wavered throughout the whole process of becoming a dad. He is always serving us and working hard to help our home run smoothly. You can find him changing a diaper, washing a bottle, laying on the floor playing with Lincoln or running to the store for baby supplies without even a hint of a complaint. He works hard outside the home and inside the home. What a blessing he has been to me.


I am grateful for an amazing first Mother's Day. I look forward to many more Mother's Day with these two boys.

And this is why today, my heart is full.

5 comments:

Brian and Kambry

so sweet! He is adorable...

Paige

Oh Cari! It's insane how much something so tiny can hold so strong on our hearts! I'm so glad you had a great day!

Leslie

He's such a cutie! Happy belated Mother's Day. Love the blog changes!

Susan Peters

Well, I'm at work and just read your blog and tears are running down my face. I am so proud of you, Cory and Lincoln!! I know God will continue to bless you guys. You are an awesome mother and wife and those guys are lucky to have you.
Love you!
Your Other Mom

Anonymous

I love the pictures and am SO happy your first mother's day was all you dreamed it would be! :)