Once there, I was admitted about 1:00 a.m. and put in a room! Soon after that I received my epidural and told to rest and they would be in to check me in the coming hours. From about that time till 8:00 a.m. or so it was all a blur. I do remember that at one point they came to check me and I was at 5 cm. The next time they came to check I was at 9 cm. The next note-worthy moment throughout the process was that by about 10:00 a.m. my body was 100% ready to deliver but Lincoln was too cozy and not wanting to come! The doctor (who was another doctor from my clinic that I had not met before) told me that they were going to let me "labor down" (sit up in my bed and let gravity move Lincoln down) for another hour or so. This process ended up lasting 4 hours till 2:00 p.m. when he had moved down some and the doctor was ready for me to start pushing. I ended up having to push for 2 hours! And Lincoln finally decided to give up and enter the world at 3:52 p.m. Wow. What a moment that will forever be etched our minds! We were instantly in love!




We were fortunate to have all of our parents, Cory's brothers family and the next day my aunt came up to help us celebrat his arrival.
Uncle Cody with Lincoln
Lincoln with Cory's stepdad
Papa (my dad) holding Lincoln as we were getting ready to go home.
Gigi (my mom) lovin' on Lincoln
My Aunt Karen (Lincoln's great aunt)
One day old
Mommy snugglin' up to me!
Time to go home!
All in all, the way that this event occurred was perfect and we would not have wanted it any other way. I believe that the Lord placed that doctor there that day because he was willing to take on the challenge of the delievery and work with me to bring Lincoln safely into this world. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with our new little guy. We think he is perfect and quite the snuggle-bug! Our first night home was definitely rough but each day and night has gotten better! I hope now that we are home and settled to get in some new posts about what life is like as a family of three.


12 comments:
So so excited for you guys!! There is nothing like the birth of that first baby! We have such sweet sweet memories of that time. So glad everything went well, and you guys are home safe. 2 HOURS girl?!? You are a super woman! Congrats!
Congrats! Congrats!! I loved the details and all the pics!! Hope you are doing great....Lincoln is such a doll!!! And I cannot believe you pushed for two hours either...AMAZING!!!
Congratulations! I'm so glad he is here and you are both doing fine. As a fellow 2 hour veteran, I think we should start a club. =) No, seriously, bless your heart. It stinks. The good news is, every day you'll feel better and better. And at some point you'll be reading someone else's blog who went through all this and be thankful that your own memory is distant (and a little foggy) =)
Congrats girl! He is so stinkin cute! I just want to get ahold of those cheeks! Glad you were a pushing warrior! Great job mom and dad!
PRECIOUS! He is so cute Cari... just darling!
Loved reading his birth story and looking at the pictures. He is one lucky baby! He's got a lot of family to love on him. =)
And can I just say how impressed I am that you had time to post already! But I'm lovin' it!!
He is precious...welcome to parenthood!! :)
AJL
Congrats again you guys. Let me know when you're ready to take him to his first sox game, and I'll treat you to a fenway frank. ;)
I hope you guy are finding a routine and enjoying every moment.
He is just adorable. We're so happy for you guys. I can't wait to watch him grow up through your blog.
O M G he's such a doll!!! Tell him he gets his cheeks from me! hahaha JK All my kids had those cheeks too and I just LOVE them!!!! Kiss his face, whisper my name to him, tell him I love him and I can't wait to meet him!!! I look forward to that day so much!!!
He is adorable!!! I am a long laborer and pusher too!!!! I understand completely!!! I pushed for 3 hours the first time and 1 1/2 hours the second time!!! He was a big boy...it takes a while to get those out!!! =) Congratulations! The first night home is always the hardest! Sleep does get better, I promise!!!! Hang in there!!! He's precious!!
I keep coming back to look at his sweet face!!! I'm a bit jealous that Lindsey has already got to meet him! :)
My bloglines has been messing up and I totally missed this post!! I loved reading the details! He is sooo cute! Who ended up delivering him?
Post a Comment