CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Friday (February 12th) is "D-Day"!

Well, at my appointment today we talked to Dr. P about our options and decided that an induction on Friday morning was the best option. I have progressed a little bit from last week but not a ton. I feel very ready for this event and feel confident that with all the progressions I have made (almost 4 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and Lincoln sitting very low) this can be a very smooth process. Especially since I have made all this progress and have never felt one contraction! I told her I was worried at this rate I would miss my window of opportunity for the epidural and we wouldn't want that. :) Plus, all along I have measured about 5-6 days ahead so I feel confident that he has had plenty of time in there :) So, Friday morning at 5:00 a.m. I will check into the hospital and receive my epidural first thing! We will go from there and see where that leaves us!

And, on a side note -- Abraham Lincoln's bday is Friday, February 12th as well. So, it looks like our Lincoln will share his b-day with ole' Abe and it will forever be pre-printed on everyone's calendar "Lincoln's Birthday."

If you think of us Friday morning please say a prayer {or several for that matter} for us. It's hard to wrap your brain around how much our lives are about to change forever!

7 comments:

Leslie

You'll be in our prayers. Good luck and Congrats.

Laura

that's so awesome about the Lincoln/Lincoln birthday. I love it!

Carman

I am so happy for you guys! I will definitely be praying for a smooth labor and delivery! How cool for him to share his birthday with Abraham Lincoln!

Bowsman Family

Woo hoo! I can't wait to see pictures of this sweet baby. We'll be praying for you all!

Rachel Cox

Ok, that is pretty stinking cool. I love that his birthday will forever be in everyone's calendars. I mean, that is pretty stinking cool.

Well, I am so excited! You better have someone post it on facebook or get your husband to do so. I can't believe he is just hours away from being here!

Praying for you!

Christina Anderson

So excited he chose to come earlier and that you are both doing fine!!! I can't wait to see him on here!!! I know he's bound to be so stinking precious!!!

Anonymous

We will be praying for you, Cory, and Lincoln. Good luck and enjoy your last night as a couple!