CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Emery's 1st Birthday {Ombre and Chevron}

When planning Emery's party I kept being drawn to chevron and ombre ideas as well as pink, turquoise and yellow.  So that was the loose "theme" that we went with.  We had the party at my parents house with all the grandparents, Aunt Karen, Uncle Cody, Aunt Gecka, Mady and Sushi (it's really Lucy but Lincoln calls her this).  The O'Dell clan were unable to join us and Lincoln definitely noticed. He kept listing off all 6 of their names and asking me when they were going to arrive. (We missed you guys!).  My mom was a huge help in decorating and shopping for the birthday decor.  We had a little candy bar as well as chevron wrapping paper used as our table runner.   (Thanks, pinterest!)

Lincoln wanted to some camera time

I made the fabric banner and it was super easy and much cheaper than purchasing one

Turquoise punch was made by mixing the blue bottles Hawaiian punch with Lemonade Hawaiian punch.

The cake turned out perfectly!  I LOVED it.

Smash cake that Emery tore into with no hesitation!


The ladies cooking away.  Mimi helped cook our lunch of hamburgers and sides.

The guys and kiddos

Uncle Cory and Mady...these 2 love each other quite a bit

The cousins playing together!

Aunt Gecka getting some love from the birthday girl

Playing!

ir
Birthday girl.  I bought her onesie off Etsy but I made her tutu!




Up next, the cake and presents!

0 comments: