CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 25, 2013

Los Cabos: Golf, Sunburn, and the Dinner

On Monday afternoon (after Kurt and before the awards dinner), Cory and I went and set up shop by the pool.  And of course I ordered my drink of choice, Dt. Coke or in Mexico is called Coca-Cola Light.  It is much more yummy than Diet Coke. 
After enjoying my yummy drink, I was so relaxed that I laid back read a few pages of my book and fell smooth asleep.  It was cloudy out with a nice breeze and felt so nice.  


However, the breeze and cloudiness were a little deceiving because I woke up from my nap BRIGHT red.  I text this picture to my mom that evening to show her my sunburn. Although I am fair complected I normally tan by the next day.  Not this time.  I was hurting SO bad!

During the awards dinner on Monday evening I started having chills.  My skin was "on fiiiiyaaa." (Sorry, had to do it.  My theme song for the week that I kept singing over and over to Cory..."This girl is on fiiiyyyaa." He loves me.).  

Well on Tuesday Cory went golfing with his boss and tons of other people.  So, I slept in and went to eat breakfast by myself.  While eating breakfast several people kept commenting how sunburned I was.  Gee thanks everyone...I had NO CLUE I was a red bell pepper.  So after eating breakfast I went back down by the pool and found a chair with an umbrella and lots of shade.  I began reading my book, minding my own business and people kept walking by and stopping to comment on my sunburn.  It was crazy.  I became known as the girl with the sunburn.

Well a couple of ladies walked by and told me that if I asked a staffer there was a guy who would bring me aloe from the aloe plant.  I figured I did not have much to lose so I flagged the next guy down and he told me he would send over some help.  About 5 minutes later, a man came up and was just freaking out about my sunburn.  He said he would be back in a minute with aloe.  Sure enough here he came with a knife and huge aloe leave.  He cut it up and put it all over my legs.  It was so gross and smelled like a chicken truck.  (And believe me we live close to Tyson chicken plants so I know the smell of chicken trucks).  It did take the fever out and gave lots of relief.  I was also sunburned up on my shoulders and I did not put as much aloe there and I could tell a difference in my sunburn. 

He was very helpful and told me that when I needed more to just ask for him.  I asked him what was his name so I would know who to ask for.  And he handed me his business card.  
 Yes, you read that correctly.  Jorge of the Jungle.  Crack me up.  He came by several more times and brought me more aloe leaves.  I literally sat in the same chair by the pool from about 9:30 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. that evening. It was amazing.  

On Tuesday evening we went to dinner at one of the restaurants at the resort with Cory's boss, Al and his wife Debbie.  I caught this fun picture on my phone of our waiter making my tequila shrimp.  


After dinner we stopped an employee to ask him to take our picture by the pool.  As he was handing my back my phone he said..."send it straight to facebook." Ha!  


Up next...one last post of the beach, our whale watching cruise and our last evening in Los Cabos. 

2 comments:

Leslie

GIRL! That looks SO painful! I'm glad you didn't let it stop you from having a nice time though. What fun!!

Leslie

When I read this, I ached with you. My goodness. Luckily, you had Jorge of the Jungle close by!