CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 8, 2012

It's time to consign! {Rhea Lana}

Over the past few days I have been cleaning out tub after tub of clothes to get ready for consigning at Rhea Lana's.  I have shopped Rhea Lana's since I was pregnant with Lincoln but this past spring was my first time to consign.  I was the rookie then and I learned quite a few tips along the way that are helping me out this fall as I prepare to consign again.  The Rhea Lana website truly does a great job lining out the steps here on how to be a consignor.  And another great place for info is following their facebook page as well.  I made 300.00+ dollars in the spring and hope to make even more this fall!  The best perk about consigning is that I get to shop before the rest of NWA!  I love nothing more than a great deal.  Especially on children's clothing that they will grow out of so quickly! 

Here is a new fancy picture via my iPhone 5 panoramic camera of all my piles of clothes I am currently entering into the website and pricing!  (Ignore the baby items that threw up in our living room.  Those are not quite ready to leave our home this time but when they are I can also sell those at RL!)



One of the best tips is to put your clothes in gender and size order as you enter them into the computer.  Then once you get to Rhea Lana's to check in your items and put them out on the floor then it goes super quick!! 

One of my favorite tips that I came up with myself was this -- making a cheat sheet of prices.  Rhea Lana's recommends that you price your items at about 30% of the original price.  However, if you are like me then you do not remember that much less what you did yesterday.  So, before I start pricing I sit down and visit the main store websites of the clothing brands that I am selling.  I write down what each main piece sells for at that store (i.e. shirt 15 dollars, pants 25 dollars, etc.).  This makes it easy for me to glance at my cheat sheet, figure up 30% and price my item.  I followed this method in the spring and I only ended up with 5 items left over and made a little over 300 dollars! 

Another tips is that I prefer to print my tags at home and put them on before I get there.  It makes check-in go much faster.  However, if you can't print them then they will print them for you which is great too! 

Some of the best deals I have gotten at Rhea Lana's over the years is shoes!  Shoes definitely get pricey for your little ones and they always have a ton to choose from at RL for awesome prices!  Here are the shoes that I am selling this year!  The best way to sale shoes is to put them in a ziplock back so they can been seen but they stay together. 



So if you have ever thought about selling your things at Rhea Lana's then stop thinking about it and do it!  And stay tuned to see all my great finds that I get in a about 2 weeks when I get in early to shop!  Cory is even joining me for his very first RL shopping experience. 


0 comments: