CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

24 weeks [baby #2]

The 24 week mark is here.  I feel like my energy has started to return to normal.  I am not having to go to bed at 8:30 every night.  I am making it to a whole 9:30 or 10:00 most nights!  Ha!  I am just starting to find it uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time.  I feel like my stomach is growing differently with this pregnancy.  It feels more long (up and down), but with Lincoln I felt like it grew more wide. I still feel sick most mornings and have thrown up about once every 2 weeks for the past month.  I am definitely growing. Big!


Lincoln on the left and Baby #2 on the right.  I think the different shape to my stomach is really noticeable in this picture.  With Lincoln I grew more wide but with this one I am growing more outwards. 


As for the baby, she is a mover and a shaker!  I feel her move all the time.  Her movements seem softer but more frequent than Lincoln.  At my appointment this week, her heartbeat was 130 bpm.  Lincoln's stayed consistent at 150 bpm so hers is slower.  She also kicked the Doppler as soon as Dr. P put it on my stomach.  She did the same thing at the 20 week ultrasound.  I text Cory about it after my apointment and said "she is a feisty little gal."  His reply was "just like her momma!"  Such a hilarious man! :)  So far she only has a middle name but no first name yet.  We have a couple of names we have talked about but I don't think we are quite ready to commit!  Hopefully soon though. 

I am in the process of picking out baby bedding.  I am leaning towards a yellow/gray/white color scheme with a hint of turquoise.  A modern look. Here is a sneak peak at her dresser that my step father-in-law so graciously painted for us this past weekend.  The color is called turquoise tint by Valspar.  It is really hard to get the exact color of it in a photographbut it is a fun color in person.  


While we had it out in the garage to be painted, Lincoln pulled me in his room and said "Momma, where'd it go??" I was surprised at such a great clear sentence. Overtime though it became, "Momma, go?" with his hands up like he was asking a question. He is becoming quite the talker but we can only understand about every third word.  In one month turns 2 and I am just not sure what to think about that! :)


0 comments: