CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Life and Sox.

I have been MIA, haven't I?!?
But I do have a good excuse and here he is!

Lincoln is changing so much daily and I have just been soaking up every minute with him. He is becoming more alert and his personality is shining through. He is smiling often and starting to laugh (video to come of that later). He is still loving to babble but now he likes to talk WHILE I am talking. I think he thinks its a new game. If I am on the phone talking he babbles away but when I stop - he stops!

He is doing a great job eating and sleeping as well. He has this new thing when he tired where he restlessly turns his head back and forth on the bed/car seat/bouncy seat/swing with his eyes closed like he is saying "No" really big with his head. Then he eventually turns it to his head to his left side over and over like he is continuing trying to look over his shoulder. He eventually gets tired of doing this and ends up sleeping with his head turned over as far as it can go to the left while still laying on his back. Here is that sweet boy sleeping in his crib.


And the BIG news is that on Monday, April 19th he rolled over twice from his tummy to his back all by himself. I was just in shock. He was 9 weeks and 4 days when he did it. But as soon as I got out the camera he wouldn't do it. I tried to get him to do it again Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with NO luck. However, Friday morning I put him down on his tummy and turned around to grab the camera and when I turned around he was on his back!! That little stinker rolled over in a flash. So I again put him on his tummy to catch it on camera and he wouldn't do it!!! Ahh!! One day I will catch it on camera and/or Cory will witness it himself but as for now its just mine and Lincoln's little secret.

I only have two weeks of maternity leave left! I have been extremely blessed to have had off about 12.5 weeks with our little guy. The good news is that I only have to go back to work for 4 weeks and 2 days and then I'll be back off about 10 weeks for the summer with him! We are extremely blessed to have found a dear lady to keep him for us. She keeps a dear friend and fellow colleagues baby and has volunteered to help us out during this time. It will be tough to leave him but its the best decision for us for many reasons that I won't bore you with. So, if you think of me on May 10th then say a prayer that I don't have a major meltdown leaving him. Ha!

As I mentioned earlier, two weekends ago we ventured to Kansas City to attend the Red Sox vs. Royals game on Sunday. Traveling with an infant is quite the adventure in and of itself! We managed to not forget anything too important so that was our first victory. Lincoln really enjoys being out and about. He loves to watch people and check out new surroundings.

Here is Lincoln in the car while we were waiting on Cory to buy tickets.

He did a GREAT job at the game. He sat in the Baby Bjorn for about three hours! He just loved looking around at everything and being outside.

Family shot.

I'll leave you with the video I shot of Lincoln on Saturday morning before we left. I'm pretty sure he says "Go Sox!" after I say it. Ha!

1 comments:

Laura

awww, I love the video! He's precious. How fun that you guys got to go to a game! I really do think you should bring him to Boston - I mean, the kid needs a picture at Fenway, no?

:)