CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Pregnancy Faves

So, I have encountered some new items and old ones that are pregnancy "must-haves" for me! Here they are:

Baby Bargains book. A co-worker told me about this fantastic book and I have used it soo much! Its a handbook that outlines cribs, high chairs, maternity clothes, diapers, etc. and gives you safety ratings on each and tells you the best bargain for your buck. It also lists out what is a waste of money and what things you really need. I have just loved having this book. Another reason I have loved it is because my husband is a thinker and a researcher before making ANY purchase! I do love this about him, however, I get burnt out on that process and just buy so we can mark it off our list. This book does all the homework for you and at the end of the chapter sums up the best brains for the best price. I love this book.


Pregnancy Pillow. One inexperienced like me thought, "Why do you need a special pillow when you are pregnant?" A friend of mine gave me hers or otherwise, I would have never bought one to find out the goodness this pillow holds. O my -- it is good! The first reason is because you spend the majority of your pregnancy sleeping so it will definitely get some use. The second reason is because if you are normally a stomach sleeper like me then it is hard to teach yourself how to sleep on your side. But this little invention just wraps you up and keeps you on your side. I love it.

I wonder why they title this pillow a "pregnancy pillow" b/c I am pretty sure it will be living with me for years to come. Good thing we have a king size bed. :) Before getting this pillow from my friend I was sleeping with about 3-4 pillows a night and I'm pretty sure Cory was starting to feel like was going to be pushed out of the bed. So, now all I need is this one (and maybe I sneak in one other) but he hasn't noticed yet. This one is neat too b/c it has a piece of fabric that you can take out to sleep with it as a pregnancy pillow and then the piece of fabric that you can add and zip up to close in the middle so you can use it to set your baby in.

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. I heart hot chocolate. I hate coffee but will go out of my way for good hot chocolate. Last fall when Starbucks introduced their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Cory decided to try it out. I took a sip and hated it. However, this fall when it started to get cold I started to crave this drink. And now, I'm addicted. I try to limit myself to one a week but man -- they are delicious.
A Wonderful Supportive and Involved Husband/Dad. Cory has been such a trooper. He is loving this whole process and has been very involved. Last weekend we picked out a crib and a chair for our nursery and he was with me every step of the way. He even wheeled and dealed the place and got us a super deal! I have been looking up baby bedding and thinking up nursery ideas for our little guy and Cory is researching ideas on the Internet and giving his input. We found a bedding that we like and we ordered samples of the fabric before making the big plunge to make sure we liked it in person. Once we got the samples in, he went with me to Home Depot yesterday and stood in the paint aisle with me for an hour or longer scanning in the fabric into the machine and helping me decide on paint color options. We ended up with two options and got a sample can of each. He came home and painted a square on the wall of each and has been in there 100 times since then looking at them in all different times of the day.

And last but not least, he has taken GREAT care of me. This past week I got a sinus infection and just began feeling terrible while he was at his softball games on Thursday night. When he got in about 11:00 I was in bed but not feeling well and I really wanted some orange juice. He didn't even skip a beat and went to Walmart and got me several goods! I just had to take a minute to brag on him b/c he has been so wonderful. I am lucky to be his wife and our little guy is going to be lucky to have him as his daddy!



CEC.

6 comments:

'The H Family'

aww...sooooo sweet! cory is a good man...and i LOVE hearing all the updates. sounds like you're making progress....i have no doubt that your nursery will be completely ready and waiting months in advance. unlike me who was hanging wall hangings after my water had broken...you planners are amazing!! :)

'The H Family'

oh...and i meant to comment on the post before too...i can't believe your bro is having another baby...congrats to them!! crazy and exciting!! and for cory's bro too...your parents are getting on up there in the gkids count!!

hannah

imagining you two painting squares and looking at them warms my heart. perfect. just perfect. love you.

Rachel Cox

Salted Hot Chocolate? Really??? That is so weird! LOL! Who would ever think to salt hot chocolate? haha

Rachel Cox

Oh and way to go Cory! Such a sweet husband!

Carman

Okay, I've got to go out and buy that book! Thanks for the info...I'd never heard of it. I'm so excited that you guys are picking out furniture and colors! We won't be able to do that until December. Can't wait to see what you've picked out!