CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our Living Room

Welcome to the Living Room edition of Show Us Where You Live - Fridays!


This is the view from the back of the living room.
The brown chair was my grandparents from many many years ago! It has sentimental value but I really want a new chair and a half or love seat to go there! Just have to keep saving my money!

Another view
Here is a close up of our TV stand that we painted last summer. It was an out of the box light brown stand that we spray painted red and then we took a dark stain and put it on top of the paint and wiped it off to give it a wood grain look. I was really pleased with how it turned out.
Here is a shelf that we built last summer with the help of our step father-in-law. I found the plans on the do-it-yourself section on the Lowe's website.


Side view of the shelf.
Our fireplace (that is our bedroom in the background)
The other view of the fireplace and chair.
The backside of our living room opens up to our dining room, but I didn't want to post pictures of that until the tour takes us to our dining rooms. Plus, it needs lots of help so I will definitely need some tips for it.
CEC.
Hope you enjoyed your tour! I am always looking for new ways to decorate or new ideas so feel free to share!

8 comments:

KRISTEN'S PALACE

OH I LOVE IT! :) that shelf with all the pics on it is too cute.

Unknown

LOVE the shelf and the side chair with the red pillow AND your yellowish vase with the sticks-very cute!

Cheri

Very pretty! Love your red couch!!

Christina Anderson

Your entertainment center and book shelf are my favorite pieces in there!!! Love them!!! Your house is so super duper cute and even more important comfortable and inviting! I may be having to stop some on the trips back and forth from Nebraska!

Chelsa

love the do it yourself shelf and the tv stand!!

Sar(Mrs.Teddy)

Great space! I love the fireplace & the shelf system! I can't belive you built that, how special!

'The H Family'

love it!! your house looks so great! it looked great when we were up there, but it seems like you have added so much since i saw it. so CUTE!!!

The Stain Family

It's a small world after all..."lindseyfaith" and I went to school together back in the day. ;) Just had to tell you that! You did an awesome job on that shelf you built! I had no idea Lowe's had a do-it-yourself section on their website. Nice to meet you!