Those of you who know me know that I like a deal! Some might misconstrue this for me being tight but no, it is my father who is tight and not me. You see the difference between wanting a good deal and being tight is this -- tight people never pull the trigger. My dad likes to go to car lots just to dicker with them knowing full well that he ain't buying a new truck. He just likes to know that if he decided to part with his money it would be a good deal, but we all know he ain't spending jack! Me on the other hand -- I don't like negotiating a good deal for the sake of negotiating. I will pull the trigger if the deal is good enough.
A few years ago, my wife and her family introduced me to something that I previously never experienced. And that my friends is Black Friday! I am addicted. And the only prescription I need is more Black Friday. If I have to get up at 1:45 a.m. and drive three hours to save 300 dollars off a laptop that I know I am going to have to buy anyways then you can bet your bottom dollar I am going to do it.
Two years ago, I came across a very good Black Friday website. If you are like me, you can't wait till Thursday's paper to find out where the best deals are going to be for Christmas shopping. You need to know as soon as the stores know. You need to know as soon as Mr. Target conjures up the idea and would appreciate it if he would email those to you immediately. Well, now you can know! Go to www.bfads.net and you will find out what the stores are going to advertise before it comes out on ink. I like to think that Lee Scott and all the other big-wigs at Walmart are sitting around a conference room with dry erase boards and markers and that there is an insider sending these advertisements directly to bfads.net from his blackberry. I can't back that up.
Happy Black Friday shopping. Do the American thing and buy the last elmo doll and mark that dude up on Ebay or steal something out of another person's cart in honor of the season of giving. Capitalism rules.
CDC.
Favorites from August
7 months ago


2 comments:
Happy shopping and Happy Thanksgiving! We wish y'all were here! We love you and miss you, CariCory!
LOL! i can totally see you stealing something out of someone else's cart.....and feeling no guilt whatsoever. :) Happy Black Friday Shopping!!!!
Post a Comment