CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday DAD!!

This past weekend, my parents and some of their best friends came up to stay the weekend with us for the big craft fair that was in town. It also happen to be my dad's birthday so, of course, we had to have a celebration! My mom and I collaborated on a cake design for him. She is really the brains behind the operation and I was just the legs of the project. My dad turned 55 so she had an idea to make an "I-55" (Interstate 55) theme. She wanted the cake to have a road on it with certain "mile markers" that have occurred over the past 55 years. Then at the end of the road she wanted a topper style piece that said "I-55" on it. Well, the cake place kind of missed the big picture. They did the road, but forgot to put the I-55 sign on there. Here is the final product...
















The road started with his birth and then went on to HS graduation, marriage, kids, kids-in-law (although Cory was somehow left off the cake), then the grandkids and so on.....It also had a picture of a squirrel and gun since he enjoys hunting. It also included a dog to look like his dog "Fritz" and then a picture of a truck! Overall, it was very cute. Despite the fact they forgot the "I-55" sign at the end of the road! O well.


A close up of the cake...















Dad blowing out the candles

















Us with Mom and Dad!

















This is a picture from our backyard into the field behind it. My mom's good friend who was staying with us pointed out the view, so we took a picture of it! It turned out so neat. We are fortunate to live in such a great location with nature, cows (that moo), malls and good stores all within a couple of miles of us!
















Happy Birthday, Dad! We are so lucky to have you as a wonderful father and father-in-law. We enjoy your sense of humor, your easy-going personality and the godly example that you lead. Thanks for coming to spend your birthday weekend with us. Can't wait to see you again!


CEC.