CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 14, 2012

Playa Del Carmen: Phone pics and Wrap-up

Of course, I took a few pictures here and there from my phone and I thought it would be fun to blog those as well as wrapping up the loose ends of the trip. 

We had to be up super early to catch our 6:00 a.m. flight out of XNA.

This shirt was in the XNA Airport.  Gotta love ho we represent ourselves in Arkansas!
A picture of the entrance to our resort outside the van as we were driving by
The very first picture I took of the beach at our resort from the lobby as soon as we got there. 

Not sure how to caption this... Cory being cool?!? :)

Umm...me at the beginning of a tough day at the pool
The infamous chairs in the water we loved so much!

Beach pic

Self portrait

A friend let me borrow her Kindle to read the Hunger Games.  I was able to read book one and two while on the trip and I am currently halfway through book three!  Such a great series. 

Me with my "beach curls" that as soon as I walked out of the room the humidity zapped them back to straight!
Coast at Tulum
Ruins

There were several of these statues all over the resort

I have to admit that I very much missed Chick-fil-A and during our layover in Atlanta we got ourselves a chicken sandwich!

We got home around 3:30 on Tuesday and Lincoln was VERY excited to see us (Well, definitely Cory!).  He saw me first and said "Hi mommy, Where did daddy go?"  That evening we went to eat pizza and play games at Chuck-E-Cheese.  Lincoln loved having the four of us back together. 

Lincoln singing songs with the kids and Chuck-E-Cheese
And here is Emery in the stroller while Lincoln played all the games and had a blast.  She was "cool as a cucumber" in her seat just hanging out.  She is so laid back.  She gets that from her daddy, not her mommy! 

Cory's mom and stepdad kept the kids the first 2.5 days and my parents kept them the last 2.5 days.  Both sets said they did great while we were gone!  (But are the grandparents REALLY going to tell us anything other than they were "perfect"?  Probably not!)  :)  We were very grateful that they were all so eager to watch them so we could enjoy this amazing trip together!  It was so nice to have so much time to talk to Cory without being interrupted.  We made some great memories together and had many moments of great laughter.  It was good for the soul.  I am thankful to my amazing husband for planning this awesome trip!  It was the perfect gift for this 30 year old :)

0 comments: