CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Scoop

We are very excited about having another baby. I have a couple of fun stories and memories that have occurred in the past 2 months of finding out and knowing that I want to journal.  I'll first start with the first ultrasound and heartbeat!

First Ultrasound
We went for our first ultrasound on Tuesday, September 13th.  I was 7 weeks, 3 days.  We saw the heart beat flicking right away. Praise the Lord! Dr. P said I measured for a due date of April 28th which was the exact due date I came up with before going.  I was glad I measured on track.  When I went in with Lincoln for the early ultrasound I measured about 5 days behind what I had figured up.  Here are two of the first pictures of the sweet little baby.




First Heartbeat Sound
I went on Wednesday, October 12th for my first appointment to hear the heartbeat.  When Dr. P put the Doppler on my stomach we heard a lot of commotion.  She commented how active the baby was being.  The heartbeat was 150 bpm which is exactly what Lincoln's was at this point in the pregnancy and every heartbeat check throughout the pregnancy.  That sound truly never gets old. 

I am so grateful to be exiting the first trimester.  I have been more sick (throwing up) this time around than I was with Lincoln.  With Lincoln my first trimester was while I was off in the summer and I did not have a toddler to chase after.  It has been rough having to get up early a few mornings for work and keeping up with Lincoln.  I also had to take progesterone again this time around, but I am able to stop that now and I am SO happy.   

Up next, the story of how Cory and our parents found out we were preggo! 

0 comments: