CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wheww...what a day!

Wow. What a day we had! I'm sitting here watching the Razorback game on TV in my pj's and decided to reflect back on this day....

It started this morning with our 36 week appointment. I have been having lots of aching and pain in my lower stomach so I was hoping that Dr. P would tell me I had made some progress. However, I wasn't quite expecting what she had to say to us. She said I am 2 cm dialted, 60% effaced and Lincoln is head down and "very low." I was just hoping for one of those things to be happening but never expected ALL of them to be happening so soon! She said "This means this is likely one of your last weekends to get the last minute things done -- you need to pack your hospital bag and install your car seat!" Cory said my eyes about bugged out of my head. YIKES!! Her estimate is that he looks to weigh about 7.5 pounds at this time and that I have more like one to two weeks left. I thought I still had three more weeks EASY or more but it looks like I better get myself in gear. Luckily we are about 90% ready and can conquer the last 10% this weekend. I go back Wednesday morning for my next appointment.

After that Cory and I went to visit a daycare or "learning center" that we are considering for child care. We were able to meet the owner and take a tour. Child care has definitely been one of the hardest parts of this process. I find myself not even knowing what questions to ask. Just lost. I really liked what I saw at this facility and it will definitely be one of our top considerations for August.

Then, on I went to work. My head was spinning with all the things I needed to do to get ready for Lincoln and what things at work I needed to wrap up in order to leave things in good shape. I found myself sitting at my desk wondering where in the world I should start. I managed to make sense of my desk and workload before 3:30 hit.

At 3:30 my school where my office is located threw me a baby shower! My other two schools that I serve were invited as well. It was awesome! We have been extremely blessed with amazing showers and outpouring of love throughout this whole process. (I have a post started that I will finish soon recapping all of our awesome showers!)

Once this awesome event ended, I headed home to meet Cory and head out to dinner with an old friend and a new friend. Tonight we had the awesome priviledge of having dinner with our very good friend Scott and his girlfriend Amy whom we met for the first time. Prior to meeting her, Scott described her as someone that Jill would have loved to hang out with and after meeting her I completely agree. She is a jewel and a great fit for Scott. Scott has told us lots about her and I enjoyed putting a face with a name. We could not be anymore excited for Scott and look forward to seeing what the future holds for him and Amy.

Now, we are home and cheering on the hogs. My brain is tired! This was a big day with lots of fun news, a fun shower and meeting a fun new friend. I have a feeling that more fun days are in our near future as we approach the day of Lincoln's arrival. We could not be anymore happy!! These are exciting days at our home.

5 comments:

'The H Family'

OH MY WORD!!! I cannot believe that you are already so far along!! I never got to hear those words even when I was 7 days past due! Get ready...Lincoln is ready to be here!! Keep us posted! I'll be praying for you these next few days/weeks. I sooo remember the pressure of wanting to get everything done and have it just perfect! It will all happen and Lincoln will get her in His perfect time!! Love you!

hannah

let's be honest. you have had 100% of the work done wayyyyy before now. you are more organized and on top of things than anyone else i know!

i CANNOT believe lincoln is almost here!!! woot woot!!!! i'm so excited. i'm going to get your package mailed off saturday. so, be looking for something right in time for mr. lincoln's arrival.

love you sweet girl.

Laura

Congrats! So exciting. :)

I currently know 3 women with Valentine Due dates that are all about to go into labor. We'll be thinking of you guys - I can't wait for Lincoln to meet you!

Leslie

How exciting. Get those last minute things done and then relax all you can. Can't wait to see pics of that little bundle of joy!

Carman

How exciting! You're going to meet him soon! Time is flying! It will by my turn before I know it. :)