CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby...

Today is the 3rd day we have been iced in and school cancelled. It has been a nice break and much needed. God's timing is so perfect. I have enjoyed resting and doing things around the house that have been neglected during the chaos of the last couple of weeks. We have been fortunate enough to keep our electricity so far, but that is not the case for about 100,000 people in our area. I was able to take a couple of pictures of the ice and some slight snow that has fallen around our house the last couple of days.

A tree in the field behind our house.


Our grill covered with a ton of ice on it

Front porch. I LOVE all the icicles!
Neat shot!



Our house. (Note: this is mainly ice, I would venture to guess we have gotten about 4 inches of ice and about 1 inch of snow...but I am no meteorologist).

Even the small twigs that usually get no attention have about 2 inches of ice that were able to collect on them. Crazy.

Icicles on the garage. Do you see how long that one is??
I had to take my picture by it! Smile icicle you are on camera!!

Also, last weekend Cory's mother, brother, sister-in-law and niece came to visit us. It was a quick trip but we had a good time. On Saturday, we went to the Razorback basketball game. Although the Razorbacks played terrible it is always fun to be in the middle of the cheers, chants and band playing. Mady had a good time and I was able to snap these pictures of her sitting in a chair during the game.





She is such a happy baby.

Anyone want to bet if school will be cancelled again on Friday????

CEC.




1 comments:

O'Dell Family

I am SO jealous! It has been in the 50s and even 60s here in the ATL! We were just talking last week about those wanted snow days - glad one of us got lucky! You deserve it! Hope all is well! We miss you and think of you often! Much love!