CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lincoln Lately {2.75 years old}

Lincoln, ever since you turned 2.5 years old it seem as though you are maturing quickly into more of a little boy and less of a toddler.  You are such a sweet little boy who is extremely inquisitive. You do NOT miss a beat.  I mean seriously if I put out a something new in a room while you take a nap then you notice it within 2 seconds of walking in the room.  You love to be praised and to be around people!  





Basic Info
You weigh 33.5 lb.s and are around 38-39 inches tall.  You have grown an inch or maybe even two in the last 3 months which was evident when all your pants were high-waters on you.  You wear mostly 3T clothes but I think you could even start to wear 4T clothes sooner than later.  And you wear a size 9 shoe. 

You want to do EVERYTHING on your own.  You want to get into your carseat by yourself.  No help.  You want to throw things away, open the door, shut the door, help me cook, etc.  It wears me out but I love you for it.  We have tried to focus on giving your more positive praise and you LOVE it.  If we make a big deal about how well you cleaned up your toys or went potty then you just beam from ear to ear and usually say "I'm so happy."  You love word of affirmation.  Daddy says that you get that from me.  

You have been extra clingy to mommy lately.  You are very affectionate to me and like to kiss me and tell me "I yuv you mommy."  If you ever see me crying (crazy thyroid) then you hug me and pat my back and say "It's gonna be ok mommy. Don't cry. Be happy."  

You are loving that Emery is sitting up and trying to crawl.  You will just lay in the floor beside her, talk to her and take her toys to play with.  You do like to boss her around or take things away from her that you do not think she needs to put in her mouth. 

 You are doing great with your potty training.  You now stand up to pee and sit on the potty forward to poop.  Ha.  You still have an occasional accident but not too often. 



Language 
Your language is 100% clear and very conversational.  You answer questions great and understand more and more of what we are talking about.  You constantly ask WHY about 50 times a day. Instead of just telling me how your day was at MDO or at La La's you like to react it for me.  i.e. "I said 'No I don't want to go pee pee and Miss Kay said 'You need to go pee pee" and I said 'ok I'll go pee pee' so I went."  All you remember about your day is when you went to the bathroom or had a moment of disobedience.  i.e. "I said I don't want to color and Miss Kay said you need to color and I said I want black so I colored."  It is always as if you are telling on yourself.  Ha.  

Here are a few funny things you have said lately:
  • You call Mt. Dew - Mountain Dewt
  • When daddy leaves for work you say, "Bye daddy, Have a good day.  Make some money so we can took (cook) it."
  • You like to say something silly and follow it up with "I teasin'"
  • You call Lemonade "Yemmayade"
  • The other day you said, "Mommy, I'm precious" and I said "You are?" and you said "Yeah Gigi says that."



Likes and Dislikes
You have finally dropped your love for Barney.  You have not asked to watch it for several months now.  You are into Thomas, Super Why, and Curious George.  You also love the "Avengers" b/c of a book we have about them.  Your favorite is probably the Hulk.  You rarely play with a ball anymore.  You seem much more interested in playing with trains, superheros or little people.  You LOVE your cousins and talk about them often.  You always want to pray for "Maudy (Mady) and Sushi (Lucy).  Over Thanksgiving we were with the O'Dell cousins for a day and you and Story had the time of your life together!  You also love any "friends" that you get to play with.  You love having friends over and love going to your friends houses.  You are not too interested in trying to many new foods in this stage.  Luckily, you still like to eat several things and always eat well.  However, if you are grumpy then the number one reason is usually because you are hungry.  You continue to LOVE music!  You want to sing all the time.  Your most favorite song right now is "The Wise Man built his house upon the rock."  You also love Lord's Army.  



  Educational
MDO has really helped you learn more of your colors and shapes.  You now know all your colors except white and you get orange and yellow mixed up sometimes.  You know the circle, triangle, heart and star shapes.  You are also doing great with recognizing your letters.  You know 18 out of 26 letters.  You can count consistently to 11 but after that you just say 14, 14 and 14.  Ha. You are even to able to recognize the number 3 now. I like to tell you how smart you are and you love to hear it.  



Lincoln, we are loving you at this age!  You say such funny things and are growing into such a tenderhearted, fun-loving, caring little guy.  We love you to pieces!!

0 comments: