I have officially entered my 30's. The night before my birthday Cory and I were talking (a.k.a I was talking and Cory was hopefully listening) that my 20's sure were good to me: graduated college, got married, graduated with my Master's-Specialist degree, gained my first and only nephew, got my first real job as a School Psychology Specialist, we bought our first house, enjoyed fun trips to NYC, Vegas, Florida and Chicago, gained a grand total of FIVE nieces, and have been blessed with two healthy and beautiful children that I currently have the blessing of staying home with them for the next year! There is simply nothing to complain about in that LONG list of blessings!!
When Cory asked me several months ago what I wanted for my birthday I was quick to request a trip! Preferably just the two of us and to somewhere sunny and with sand! He was definitely listening because we have plans to go on a wonderful trip in a few weeks to celebrate and relax just the two of us. I can hardly wait.
In the meantime we did a little bit of celebrating here and there to mark the entrance into a new decade. On the Saturday before my birthday Cory and my parents surprised me with a day getaway trip the lake with my in-laws, BIL, SIL and two nieces. It was a PERFECT day which has been rare this summer so we were grateful to have nice weather for our picnic and afternoon on the boat!
That evening we headed back to my parent's house and went out to dinner at Copelands! Such a fun day and evening!
Then on the actual night of my birthday I requested dinner at McAlister's (Savannah Chopped Salad is my new favorite), ice cream and a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby! A perfect evening spent with the perfect crew!
Only a few more weeks till my b-day trip....I think it will be a great start my 30's.


1 comments:
Happy Birthday and welcome to the club!
Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Post a Comment